While there is a multitude of different free zones to consider registering with in the economic hub of the UAE, Umm Al Quwain Free Trade Zone is one not to be overlooked.
Located in of the smallest of the country’s seven emirates, Umm Al Quwain Free Trade Zone is in the heart of the friendly, down-to-earth and emirate – and still only a 45-minute car ride from Dubai International Airport.
The free zone is perfect for any small or medium enterprises and has an environment that is conducive to helping businesses of this size succeed in a collegial and supportive space.
Many of the benefits you may find at UAQ FTZ are unique. They include:
- No corporate or personal tax or import/export taxes
- 100% foreign company ownership allowed, along with full repatriation of capital and profits to any country outside the UAE
- Full range of business activities can be registered, including commerce, manufacture, technology, media, arts and insurance. Freelance permits are also available at very affordable registration fees.
- Registration is quick and easy, customer support is provided at every step along the way, and rules and regulations are designed for ease-of-business
- A wide range of facilities available including warehousing, high-end office structures or even empty land
- The free zone has connections with more than 2 billion customers around the world
- It is located close to two international airports and the UAE’s major sea ports
- Special concessions at UAQ’s sea port
- There are no restrictions on hiring foreign employees or using foreign currency
- You can register in the free zone even without a visa
- If you are establishing a side business, you do not need to apply for a No-Objection Certificate from your current sponsor
- While you must keep your accounts well-maintained and up-to-date, there is no annual audit process and there is no requirement to disclose share capital or detail shareholder experience
You should think carefully about which free trade zone in the UAE offers you the best benefits and flexibility and will suit your needs the most. We are on hand to help advise you on your full range of options and can act as an intermediary as you initiate a registration process. Contact us today to get started on this new journey.